This vacancy is now closed.
Tain is looking to expand the Service Desk team with the addition of three people in the Malta office. The Tain Service Desk is the front line of operations, monitoring key gaming equipment and dealing with client support requests 24/7/365.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to customer’s service requests via email.
- Administration of all servers and systems that are under the responsibility of Tain.
- Monitoring of all application and database servers.
- Single point of contact for all customers and 3rd party suppliers of Tain.
- Solving problems in close co-operation with customers.
- Compilation of SQL code to extract reports from the production databases.
- Escalate reproduced issues to core and/or developers team for bug fixing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- Understanding simple *NIX commands such as grep and less to query logfiles.
- Working experience in SQL (Oracle & Postgres).
- Basic Java knowledge, HTML and JSP.
- Any Perl, PHP or shell scripting would be a definite plus.
- Two years experience in working with 1st or 2nd line support.
- Previous experience from a similar role and experience of the gaming industry.
- English – fluent (written and spoken).
You are self driven, able to work on your own initiative and have excellent problem solving capabilities. It is important that you are service minded and a team-player.
The Service Desk operates all day, all night, all year. Service Desk personnel work on a shift basis and must be prepared to cover for other team members.
Just send your CV to email@example.com.