We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator who will be supporting a team of Application Developers, Report/BI function and provide ongoing support to our international helpdesk.
With strong technical skills an unbending desire to make things right, the candidate will be maintaining the databases of our next generation gaming platform which powers dozens of gaming websites and provides thousands of games and sport events to hundreds of thousands of players worldwide.
Candidate main tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Assist in the administration, management, and monitoring of all PostgreSQL database systems
- Good understanding of Database Architecture
- Ability to work on performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning of all PostgreSQL database systems.
- Actively work with developers to solve database/application issues without compromising database best practices and work with them to promote changes to production
- Proficient in Linux operating systems
- Accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Provide business with high level sql reports
- Self starter, maintains a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
What is required?
- Strong SQL skills, ideally on PostgreSQL.
- Understanding on PostgreSQL internals.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving DB issues
- Experience with development of data warehouse or analytical tools for business purposes
- Thorough understanding Linux system admin skills and some experience in networking protocols.
- Understanding on how to monitor and troubleshoot a PostgreSQL installation.
- Know how to perform high availability setup and configuration on PostgreSQL and knowledge about different solutions/implementations.
- Be able to advice on database design and know what constitutes a good or bad design.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Rotate with other DBA to be on call to quickly fix issues that arise in our production and non-production environment
What is offered?
- competitive salary
- permanent contract (labor book)
- comfortable office in historical center of Kyiv(2 metro stations nearby)
- paid vacation
- paid sick leave
- medical insurance
- team of high skilled professionals
- lab day each month
If this sounds interesting to you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.