We are looking for very experienced Java Software Developers with strong architectural skills and unbending desire to make things right, who will be building next generation gaming platform which powers dozens of gaming websites and provides thousands of games and sport events to hundreds of thousands of players worldwide.
Working at Tain means exploring and implementing cutting edge concepts, such as microservices and continuous delivery, staying on top of technology stack with Java 8 and Spring, adopting and making the most of top-notch processes like XP and Kanban, while earning a competitive salary.
- Would you like to work for a small but very successful international product company?
- Have you always wanted to develop clean and concise code with latest technologies?
- Do you miss truly agile spirit with pair programming and test driven development?
- Are you tired of having no worthy challenges at work?
Then think no more – enter Tain!
Tain is one of the largest software gaming solution providers which has been around since the beginning of internet gambling. It started as a software development department for one of the first major online sports betting operators in northern Europe, but since then has grown into an independent online gaming platform provider, with established market and a number of profitable operators. Working in gaming sector offers an exciting combination of high load products and entertaining domain where its easy to grasp the basics, and yet the internals are deeply backed by mathematical models, so there’s always a space to learn.
The gaming platform development is driven by ultimate focus on technology and latest proven architectures and frameworks. Right now the major goal is set to split existing products into microservices, which are easy to extend and maintain. It brings great possibilities to try new technologies and approaches like functional and reactive programming easily, with minimal cost of error. It allows developers to really be able to make an impact on the architecture at early stages in highly collaborative agile environment, which is the key to successful product! Together with company’s culture of continuous delivery, it brings quick reality checks and fast feedback cycles, with highly accelerated time to market, where the code which is just submitted, don’t wait for weeks to serve the end user.
The company is taking agile culture very seriously! Working at Tain means high level of autonomy and responsibility, as the teams are truly agile with no real hierarchy. The development process is constantly changing from the time it was originally established by one of the most prominent pioneers of Agile world, shifting from Scrum to Kanban when necessary, while keeping XP as a priority, considering pair programming and test driven development as the most fascinating ingredients of software development process. On top
On top of that, Tain knows that great developers are creative people who need time to learn and try new things, that’s why all developers are participating in lab days with free snacks and drinks every month.
As Java Software Developer working on Tain Platform Backend, you will work in one of agile teams to evolve the platform and introduce microservices, as well as answering business needs to stay ahead of the competition. You will get to speak directly with customers, partners and internal departments in order to gather the requirements and build even better software. In a highly collaborative team you will take the active part in architectural decisions, suggesting your ideas and discussing them with your experienced teammates. As a backend developer, you will also be responsible for building even better APIs so the operators can make the most out of Tain platform, as well as integrating new products and payment systems.
What is required?
- At least 5 years of professional java software development experience
- Strong knowledge of Java 7/8 language and core libraries
- Experience with designing and building robust APIs and integrating third-party APIs
- Great agile and team-player skills
- Experience with automated and manual refactoring
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Advanced Linux shell skills
- Experience with Microservices, Docker and continuous delivery is a plus
- Good written and spoken English
- A passion for learning and collaborating
What is offered?
- A competitive salary based on knowledge and experience
- 20 vacation days
- Lab days with free snacks and drinks every month (12 days per year)
- Nice location in historical neighbourhood, close to restaurants and cafes
- A permanent contract (labour book)
If this sounds interesting to you, send your CV to email@example.com.