We are looking for Software Engineers to join our expanding team. Operating from the Malta office, having strong technical skills with an unbending desire to make things right, the candidate will be maintaining and developing on our gaming platform which drives dozens of gaming websites and provides sports events to hundreds of thousands of players worldwide.
Candidate main tasks will include:
- Write well designed, maintainable, and testable code and integrate software components with the in-house gaming platform.
- Prepares documentation as required such as release notes, comments and systems architecture.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the design and implementation of software applications.
- Assures highest attainable level of system control and performance capabilities.
- Unit test any code produced and handle the change management cycle until the new code is released to the production environment.
- Participate actively in code reviews with an international team of developers.
- Manage multiple priorities with excellent follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Carry out meetings and actively correspond with the team and stakeholders to clearly define and document requirements, accurately determine effort in terms of time and resources.
- Suggest improvements that could improve operational efficiencies and guide users whenever requirements do not meet security, quality or performance standards.
- Contribute to the continuous learning of the team to ensure improvement and increased efficiency.
Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years of development experience preferably in a Java environment.
- Strong grasp of Object Oriented Programming and SOLID concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Java 7/8 language and core libraries.
- Experience in Spring Boot, Maven, and Tomcat.
- Experience with designing and building robust APIs and integrating third-party APIs (Soap/REST)
- Ideally experience in Microservices, Docker and Continuous Integration.
- Strong knowledge of SQL with exposure to Postgres or SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems with GIT experience being a strong plus.
- Experience with automated and manual refactoring.
- Knowledge of Microsoft or Linux based technologies with shell skills.
- Experience in working with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to solve problems, think logically, take initiative and learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Great agile and team-player skills. Collaboration is a must.
- Passionate about staying on top of current trends and best practices in software development.
- Good reading and written communication skills in the English language – all code and documentation is written in English.
Interested? send us your cv on email@example.com
Tain is one of the most established content and technical services providers in the online gambling industry, having been founded in 1999. Tain’s strengths are its in-house products, including a market-leading gaming platform, payment gateway, casino games, and a comprehensive sports book and odds feed. Tain has also integrated top-tier game providers such as NetEnt, Evolution and Play’nGo.